Video Return enables field crews to get constant live feeds from the studio, ensuring professionally-produced and smoothly-run live broadcasts at a fraction of the cost of traditional transmission methods, such as satellite and fibre.
A Video Return server can be used in multiple scenarios:
- Getting live feeds from the studio to the field
- Receiving teleprompting information during live sessions
- Enabling field crews to ensure their live feeds are received correctly
LiveU's Video Return server guarantees sub-second delay from the studio to the field, with resilient video streaming based on LiveU’s Reliable Transport protocol and bonding technology. Audio is included in the Video Return service enabling the field crew to communicate fully with the studio.
- Scalable solution: single or double return feeds distributed to multiple users in the field
- Each SDI input in the station can serve up to 20 LU600 units concurrently
- Real-time live feed from the studio to the field
- Reception of teleprompting information during live sessions
- All return feeds can be viewed on the screen of the LU600 units or via external display using an HDMI connection
- Audio is also included